Saturday, March 31, 2007

Week 5 (#11) Web2.0 Awards

Web 2.0 Awards
I checked out the Web 2.0 awards link and found some interesting sites. www.Slide.com was really neat. I noticed that some of the photos were blurry and really hard to make out. There were a few that were of great quality, I guess it all depends on who the source is. I think its a great website to use if you want to download cool screensavers. I wouldn't think it would be that good of site for the typical library setting. Maybe it would be cool to use in the young adult section. www.Metacafe.com is a really neat site. It is a lot like youtube.com, not really much of a difference between the two except for popularity. A lot of the videos are of great quality, you can even post replies to certain videos. I cannot really see a purpose in using www.metacafe.com in a library setting. Some of the videos are educational, yet most are mainly for entertainment purposes. I looked at www.propsmart.com. This is a website that traffics real estate listings throughout the U.S. It is very user friendly and can be very helpful to patrons who are looking for real estate websites.

No comments: